ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES PROGRAM
Environmental Health Services Program is comprised of two active and robust components:
(1). Environmental Health Services (EHS); and, (2). Sanitation Facilities Construction (SFC).
The EHS component provides inspection services (surveys) and technical guidance associated with food management and environment of care associated with the Nation's head start and childcare facilities, and food warehouse operations. The SFC program provides funding and technical guidance for the installation of sanitation facilities to eligible Native American homesites.
The SFC program supports the mission of the Seminole Nation and Indian Health Service to raise the health status of American Indian and Alaska Native people to the highest possible level through the provision of sanitation facilities to enable access to safe drinking water and safe wastewater disposal. The EHS&SFC Program is a federally funded program, with direct line appropriation of funds via the U.S. Congress via P.L. 86-121.
Water Services provided - Connection to community water source, if available. OR Drilled water well, if no community water source available
Septic Services provided - Installation of individual home on-site wastewater treatment system. (Type of system depends on soil profile analysis)
1. Applicant's residence has to be within Seminole County. (Must be applicant's primary residence)
2. Applicant must provide copy of CDIB Card.
3. Applicant must provide copy of property deed (with their name listed as the owner), OR Applicant must be able to provide documentation showing they have legal authorization to install/rehabilitate sanitation facilities.
4. Residence cannot have received prior assistance within the last ten (10) years. (Repeat Service)
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION & AGREEMENT BELOW:
1. WATER AND SEWER APPLICATION - CLICK HERE
2. HOMEOWNER RESPONSIBILITIES - CLICK HERE
Applications can be emailed to:
(Department email address)
Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
Attn: Environmental Health Services
P.O. Box 1498
Wewoka, OK 74884
EHS Personnel & Contact Information:
Summer Jennings, Director & Project Engineer
Vacant, Env. Health Specialist