Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Position Title: Legal Administrative Assistant
Department: Tribal Court
Reports to: Court Clerk/Director
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative functions of the Tribal Court office. The Legal Administrative Assistant works closely with the Court Clerk/Director and the Tribal Court Judges, providing them with support on research, legal document preparation, filing of legal documents and other essential duties.
• Provide administrative support to the Court Clerk (Director) in the day-to-day administrative functions of the Tribal Court Office.
• Assists the Court Clerk (Director) with grant writing, including the management of and reporting on grants that may be received for the benefit of the Court.
• Perform data entry of court filings and payments in the court management system.
• Accept and receive the filing of all legal pleadings. Notify parties of record regarding continuances, cancellations, rescheduling and other activities of the Court.
• Interprets tribal laws in the preparation of legal documents.
• Produce and file various legal documents.
• Handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
• Coordinate training opportunities for staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be analytical and creative with detailed research proficiencies.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to grasp and interpret legal documents.
• Must be able to draft documents and correspondence related to complicated legal concepts.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to travel in or out of the state for daily or overnight training.
Work is typically performed in an indoor environment.
• An Associate's degree in Business or related field or
• At least four (4) years of experience in administration or the legal field required.
▪ Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
▪ Must be able to pass background check, with no prior convictions and/or felonies.
▪ Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.