POSITION: General Laborer
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Director
JOB PURPOSE: Performs preventive and repair maintenance on facilities equipment and grounds to maintain a safe and clean environment.
• Mops and clean floors; cleans and sanitizes restrooms.
• Maintains and services fitness equipment in the recreation facilities.
• Maintains parking areas and grounds, including plant care, litter control, snow removal, and exterior signage and striping.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Promotes workplace safety and assists with security of staff and facilities as required.
• Performs general maintenance, custodial and trash removal tasks as needed.
• Documents facility maintenance and maintains appropriate records on equipment, warranties, inspections, and work performed.
• Participates in safety and maintenance activities.
• Performs general maintenance duties to include painting, carpentry, basic electrical or HVAC, drywall and other related duties to main facilities.
• Notifies management concerning needs of major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, ventilating and equipment.
• Assists landscape and irrigation staff in grounds keeping as requested.
• Arranges repairs of equipment and building systems by qualified vendors, contractors, and technicians and monitors their work.
• Moves equipment materials and furnishings as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
• Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
• Skill in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
• Ability to use hand tools, electrical tools, and lawn maintenance equipment.
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
• Ability to respond to emergency job situations after hour or weekend calls.
• Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day.
• Talk, hear sit, stand; use hands to handle objects, equipment, controls and reach with arms and hands.
• Work requires extensive use of hands and arms to use tools; lifting, bending, carrying, loading, unloading and transporting equipment and supplies.
• Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties.
• Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground.
• Work exposed to hazards such as heights, fumes, chemicals, dust, heat, glass chips, and power equipment.
• Position requires frequent lifting of up to 100 lbs while wearing safety equipment.
• Work is performed in a typical indoor and outdoor environment.
• Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
• Evening, weekend, and emergency work may be required.
• Work requires use of safety equipment, safety-toe shoes, goggles, gloves, harnesses, helmet, protective face shields and/or hardhats.
• Travel may be required.
• High School Diploma/GED
• One year experience in building trades maintenance, carpentry, painting, or related experience.
▪ Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
▪ Must be able to pass background check, with no prior convictions and/or felonies.
▪ Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.