Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Position: Enrollment Specialist
Reports To: Enrollment Director
Department: Tribal Enrollment
Job Purpose: Responsible for assisting the Enrollment Department in all aspects of tribal enrollment, to record and maintain accurate & confidential tribal enrollment files and records.
1. Records and maintains accurate & confidential enrollment files and records.
2. Collects, reviews, enters, and organizes accurate data entry into a tribal database.
3. Handles questions, issues, and provides information on requirements, processes, and policies.
4. Processes & ensures applications and requests are complete for: Tribal Enrollment, Relinquishment, Descendent Verification, Judgment Fund payment and Burial Assistance.
5. Creates & Issues: Tribal ID cards, Certificates of Tribal Enrollment, Certificates of Tribal Descendancy, and Family Trees.
6. Verifies enrollment and descendent inquires for tribal entities and members.
7. Assists in the maintenance of all official tribal registry records, including certificates of birth, death, marriage, and divorce.
8. Assist in calculating blood quantum for accurate documentation.
9. Coordinates and prepares enrollment documents for the Enrollment Committee & Tribal Council.
10. Coordinates with other departments to determine accurate information related to enrollment information.
11. Performs clerical duties including accurate data entry, filing, maintaining & ordering office supplies, answers telephone/email/faxes, operates office machines, sorts mail, maintains various logs, etc.
12. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
13. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
14. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
15. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
17. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
1. This position requires a lot of sitting with occasional stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
2. Evening and/or weekends are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
3. Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene due to working in close proximity to the general public and others in an enclosed area.
4. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or TB Skin Test may be required.
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Basic mathematical skills required.
3. Ability to work well with public and handle stressful situations with tact, courtesy and respect.
4. Experienced clerical skills required, including composition, word processing, and filing.
5. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
6. Knowledge of PC software required including MS Office.
7. Must have a strong interest in tribal history and tribal genealogy.
8. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check.
9. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
10. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
11. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
12. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
13. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
14. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.